Friday, December 23, 2011

Personalized Laundry Bag Tutorial

Last minute stocker stuffers!
I saw this idea here awhile ago and thought they would make cute and functional stocking stuffers. I bought the laundry bags at the Dollar store. I found white ones that were 3 for $1.00 and then I found blue ones that were 2 in a box for $1.00. I used scrap fabric and my daughters accent machine to embroider the initials. You could applique an initial or hand embroider one. I was pressed for time since I started today so I used the machine.


Here are the steps.
1.  Cut the piece of fabric 5" by 12.5".  Fold in half and press.
2.  Turn so right side of fabric is facing each other and sew the short ends.  
3.  Turn right side out and turn down (to the inside) a 1/4 " all around. 
4.  Pin it in place and sew along all the edges.   
5.  If you want you can add a piece of co-ordinating ribbon to the zipper pull.  
*If you are going to embroider I would suggest adding some interfacing where the letter will be to make the fabric stronger and less likely to pucker.


My daughter is home for Winter break and brought with her an exchange student, Kris,  from Taiwan. Last night she made for us a traditional dish they eat at home.  It's called

蕃茄炒蛋/西红柿炒蛋.



Which translates to tomatoes and eggs.  Kris is cute.  She took pictures of the Chicken Marsala I made for dinner, and eggplants at the food store, and the bulk isle at Wegmans.  Her scrap book will be very interesting.    


Blessings friends,

0 comments:

Post a Comment