Friday, August 5, 2011

My First Baby Quilt

 I just made my first baby quilt for the daughter of a good friend.  This mom to be went through Kindergarten to Twelfth grade with my oldest son Michael.  I wanted to make something special for her first child, a daughter.  The baby's room is purple and lime green.
Here is the back.  I added a strip using all the different fabrics from the front just for a little interest on the back and I machine quilted it with a zig zag pattern.
 I did a meandering pattern around the boarder.
                                
I actually used my portable design wall for the first time with this quilt.  My friend Lisa over at 9patchnurse told me about it!  I bought a cheap table cloth from Walmart.  I picked up some of those 3M hanging hooks and woo-la!  It was a HUGE help to be able to look at it from afar and see where I needed to move things around.  

Thanks for stopping by!


Blessings,

5 comments:

9patchnurse said...

I love it Kathleen! Perfect for a baby girl. Awesome design wall, hee hee.

ck said...

Beautiful! I really like the back - it adds such a polished look, and makes the back beautiful too! Great job :-)

Alison said...

It's beautiful! You did such a great job! I just finished my first recently too, but had the help of my Aunt who's a master quilter. Man, it can be hard! :)

Delightful Deets said...

This quilt is so pretty and it's your first one! Amazing! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

Aww beautiful! I love the colors.
:)Rachel
(Thanks for sharing last week at Lines Across My Face. I hope to see you again tomorrow.)

Post a Comment