I've seen these sandwich wrappers being used by some of the students at the school where I work. One of the students let me trace the shape onto a napkin awhile ago and today I finally got around to trying one out.
I had a pretty good idea of how to make it but I found this site through Pinterest that had a tutorial which I used for clarification. Elizabeth at To be Charmed also has a pattern you can print out.Supplies:
- 2 - 14" square pieces of fabric
- 1 - 14" square piece of plastic
- 1 - 2" piece of Velcro (both parts!)
1. Cut your fabric and plastic using the pattern.
2. Take the rough side of the velcro and sew it to the outside fabric, centered in the middle of the fabric and 1 1/2" up from the bottom, adding the 1/4" seam allowance.
3. Place right side of fabric, plastic, then wrong side of fabric, making a sandwich and sew all around leaving top open. Be careful not to use pins except for around where you are going to stitch!
4. Turn right side out.
5. Fold in open end and add soft piece of Velcro. Sew opening closed.
So easy! I just might have to make one for my husband to take to work since I don't have any kids at home anymore! :) Hmm, what fabric should I use??? :)