Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Good Read..

This is what I've been reading lately.  I have to apologize to my friends in Harford County if you haven't been able to find any quilting books at the library!  I am almost done with them so you can get a turn! :)

I'll give you my two cents, for what it's worth.   I found all these on Amazon but check out your local library.   And remember I am fairly new to this!

1.  This book actually showed a piecing technique I hadn't seen where you layer your two squares on top of each other, draw a line down diagonally, sew on each side of your line and then cut along the line and press open.  Duh.  I cut each triangle out and sew them together....
2.  Nice book but a bit too modern for me.
3.  This book had some cute projects in it.
4.  Loved this one.  Adorable little purses and cute tote bags. 5. I really loved this one.  I didn't even get far into it before I went on Amazon and        bought myself one! Straight forward and very detailed for a beginner like me.
6. Crazy designs done with free motion.  Since I've barely mastered the simplest of designs this was fun to look at and get ideas of the possibilities.
7.  Awesome book.  All the quilts were made just using squares or rectangles and the owl on the cover is adorable!
8.  There were lots of beautiful bright and cheerful quilts in this book.
9.  This big book was filled with awesome quilts and had alot of quilting basics to help in the back.
10. The projects in this book were mostly for Fall, Halloween and Christmas. 
11. This one was way too advanced for me.  Crazy free motion quilting.  The workmanship  is amazing.  
12. This book about paper piecing says 'Easy as 1, 2, 3' but I think not.  I think I need to spend more time reading this book and not just flipping through the pages if I am going to figure it out.

Have you read any good quilting books?  Any recommendations for me?

Blessings,

1 comments:

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Wow, you're a busy girl! I can't wait to see all you do with those ideas! I'm having my first Linky Party on Thursday (wish me luck getting it to work!). Hope you'll come link up!

Post a Comment