Friday, June 10, 2011

Fishing Anyone?

I work part time at a Montessori school.  One of the teachers retired this year and I was asked to help in her retirement party by decorating a tool box to look like a girlie 'tackle' box!  Of course I didn't take a before picture but the box was all primary colors.  The handle was yellow, the  bottom half was blue, the top part was red and the closing tab was green! I bought Krylon clear for the plastic. They didn't have too many fun colors in the plastic paint so I then spray painted over the clear with the Watermelon.  I used a white boa and bought rhinestones letters to spell out her name. I used stick on rhinestones to decorate the top and clasp and then made a flower out of fabric and made a leaf out of green felt. 


Here is a picture of Linda when she first opened it!  She got a big kick out of it!  Another co-worker decorated a fishing pole for her.

We had a nice lunch and celebrated the 21 years she worked at the school.  I wonder what her husband thought of her gifts! :)


Blessings,

3 comments:

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Kathleen, that is just too cute!! I don't fish, but kind of thinking now I did! How fun!

Janet said...

How creative and fun! This is the prettiest tackle box I've ever seen. :)

Unknown said...

That is great! My niece just got a princess fishing pole for her birthday and she would LOVE this tackle box!!

Post a Comment