Thursday, June 16, 2011

Love in Unexpected Places...

In 1988 we moved from Long Island and most of our family to Maryland.  I guess on one of the visits from my parents my mom hid little notes around my house.  I would find them in unexpected places and the funny thing is I would just leave them where I found them.  You can see one she wrote in 1995 that is still in my kitchen cabinet.  Another one is in my Bible.      
I just love those notes from my mom.  I love that she took the time and thought to do that for me when I was far away from family.  

Last weekend I went out to Indiana, PA to visit my daughter.  I had an idea to do the same thing my mom did for me and leave some 'love' for her.  She shares a house with three other students so I could only hide them in her bedroom.   I got a text from her yesterday saying "So how many lovely little notecards did you hide?  I have been rearranging and cleaning."   I've been found out...   :)  At least I can blog about it now!  

For her notes I found Bible verses that I thought would encourage her and found silly graphics for the backs.  I am hoping that as my daughter finds more notes she will feel the love that went into them.  Maybe if you are visiting loved ones this summer you might leave behind some 'love' too.

Blessings friends,


2 comments:

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

What a fantastic idea! I just got a surprise package in the mail from a dear friend yesterday and I can't tell you how much it made my day. It got me thinking that I need to work on spreading the love. Thanks for this suggestion.
xoxo,
Amy

Mandy England said...

Such a sweet idea! I love that you took the idea from your mother and did it for your daughter... so, so sweet! :)

Post a Comment