I work at a local Montessori school called Monarch Montessori. We needed pillows for our soft/library area so I volunteered. :) I used fabric that I had on hand and only had to purchase the pillow forms. I thought butterflies would be appropriate so I googled butterfly quilts and found something I thought would work. I fooled around in pages, basically making a butterfly puzzle that I used that as my pattern.
I literally cut out the pieces, adding a 1/4" around and then once I had cut all the fabric out had to re-tape the 'puzzle' back together again so I could figure it out. I am sure there must be an easier way but since I am just getting back into quilting it was the only way I could think of!
I stitched around the border of the butterfly and free motion machine stitched around the border. I added hand embroidered antenna.
I was pleased with the results and the children loved them!
Thanks for stopping by.