Monday, January 2, 2012

Do, or Do Not. There is no 'try'.

Football-Goal

Yesterday, the first day of the new year greeted us with a call from my son that he totaled his car. He was fine, thank God but that was not how I had envisioned the new year to start.  To say that I struggle with stress and worry is an understatement.  On top of that, our 22 year old daughter won an internship in New York city for the month of January. This is a huge opportunity and I am so excited for her.  She is on her way via the Megabus from Pittsburgh to the big Apple this morning.  She will be staying with my nephew in Manhattan and will have to get herself to Brooklyn each day by subway!  She is so much braver than I am!  


With that said here are my 'goals'.  And even though Yoda says there is no 'try', try I will.

  1. Trust God more and worry less....  that is a BIG one.
  2. Read the Bible every day.  My husband and I are going to do Our Daily Bread.
  3. Drink more water.  Actually my 'goal' is to drink 8 glasses of water a day before I get to have a Coke!
  4. Exercise.  I have a 2 centimeter kidney stone which needs to come out by surgery.  It is painful and I haven't been doing any exercising at all and now I am squeezing into my pants.  I don't like it so I am at the very least I am going to walk each day. 
  5. This one is more fun.  I am going to make one of everything I pin that is craft or recipe related this year.  Maybe I will have to call it my Pinterquest.  
  6. Clean on a more consistent schedule.  For example, clean my refrigerator once a month, etc.  
  7. Declutter our house and donate it.  We have too much stuff that others can use.

Ok, seven is good.  Let's not get crazy.  
I pray your new year will be filled with many blessings,  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you son is okay, and I hope you daughter has a wonderful experience in NYC. Your list is great. Happy New Year Kathleen.

Post a Comment