Friday, January 4, 2013

Something is Brewing...

Two things actually. One is a surprise birthday party for my dad who is celebrating his 80th birthday tomorrow. There has been quite a lot of planning, cleaning, cooking, rearranging of furniture, and movie making going on over here! I was even able to find Happy 80 Birthday balloons at our local party store! My dad's siblings are coming in from out of town so he will be really surprised to see them!

The other thing brewing is a new batch of vanilla. I usually start a batch in May that is ready in December for Christmas presents. This year I decided to make a batch that will be ready in June to give as favors at our annual family reunion that my husband are hosting here in Maryland. It is really easy to make and taste so much better than store bought.   
1.  Ingredients - 2 1/2 gallon bottles of Vodka & a half pound of Madagascar Vanilla Beans.
2.  Cut the Vanilla beans lengthwise.
3.  Place cut Vanilla beans in a gallon size, glass jar. 
4.  Pour the 1st bottle of Vodka in.
5.  Pour the other bottle of Vodka in.
6.  Put the cover on and let brew for 6 months.

Ok, while the Vanilla brews I need to go finish 1 more tray of Baked Ziti for the party tomorrow!

Blessings friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment