Saturday, February 2, 2013

Snoopy Love!

It's done!  I have to say I am really happy with it. I blogged about how I made the Snoopy's here if you want to see how I made them. I am grateful to my friend Lisa for the loan of her Go Accuquilt. I would of still been cutting out triangles if it wasn't for her. An accuquilt is now on my list of must haves. 

The quilt measures 40" by 48". I made 5 Snoopy's but wasn't happy with the random placement I was thinking of initially so I opted for 4 on the front.  I figured out that the shape of two of the Snoopy's were pretty similar so I put them back to back. I also had enough squares left over from the front to do 2 rows at the top and 2 rows at the bottom. I changed up the pattern a bit and had the solids make a zig zag. It was a bugger lining up all the lines front to back but it worked! I FMQ'ed the Snoopy's and did straight lines on all the rest.  I used a diagonal stripe for the binding. It is now all wrapped and ready to be delivered, thankfully before the baby is!

Happy Groundhog Day!



Post a Comment