Monday, February 11, 2013

My Love Mantel

I have always admired my sister-in-laws knack for decorating.  I recently started gathering items for my own decorating and started with my mantel.  Here is February's.
        
I took the chalkboard from my sewing room and wrote famous quotes on it. "You complete me", "As you wish", "Ditto", and a few from the notebook.  I made a heart garland with red, white, pink, and gray felt.  
        
I found the pink moon printable here. I changed it a bit and added 'Always & Forever' at the bottom because that is the song my hubby and I danced to at our wedding.  I found the oval frame at a local consignment shop, spray painted it red, and put the I Love you art that I posted about here in it.  I removed the labels from a wine bottle, printed Elizabeth Barrett Brownings "How Do I Love Thee" sonnet, rolled it up, tied it with a red ribbon and put it in the wine bottle for a message in a bottle.
I bought an X and an O at JoAnn's.  Another Valentines subway art found here.  I found the frame and the cute candle stick at the consignment shop.

Best part was I actually had it all done for the first of the month.  Funniest thing was my husband came to me to ask me if I wasn't feeling loved and that was why I was doing 'all this love stuff'.  I made sure he knew I was fine and that I know he loves me! :) 

Blessings,

0 comments:

Post a Comment