Friday, December 2, 2011

A Penguin for Pat

Last year I became cyber friends (and then real friends!) with Heather through a flickr swap. Through Heather I met a group of super nice and talented ladies who have a quilting group called the Wild Threads.  Then they invited me to join their group!  Did I mention these ladies are really talented?  I am not sure if I really belong in this group but I am glad I am.  We laugh alot and I am learning alot too.  So... on to the Penguin. The group decided to have a Christmas mug rug exchange. I vacillated but decided to be brave and join in.  Here is what I came up with.  
The information I received about my partner: "I like winter brights...pinks, teals, purples, & yes, I am a fan of lime green...not into the country/homespun look...and I am a collector of anything "penguin". I found the backing fabric first.  I thought the pattern was busy enough that my stitching wouldn't be so obvious!  It had small hints of orange so I added orange even though she didn't mention it.  A penguin needs an orange beak and feet, right?  I am not very good at FMQ so I hope she likes it in spite of my learning curve. Here is the back. This is my very first label, which is obvious. :)  
The other part of the gift exchange was to come up with a spoon. They said to be creative.  Here is what I came up with. A spoon necklace with her initial on it. 
          
Tomorrow is the big day when we'll be exchanging with our partners.  The anticipation is killing me!  It's like an early Christmas! :)

Blessings friends,

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love the penguin! He's adorable! Is he an original design?

HoneySage said...

You did a great job! I love the stocking hat. Thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

I love the mug rug! Penguins are my sister's favorite. I might need to find a pattern and make one for her!

Cal said...

I love the penguin! Really nice!

Erica said...

the penguin is amazing!

Jen @ Craftincowgirl said...

Cute cute cute!! Great job!!

Rachel said...

Love the penguin - is it your own design? I think you are plenty talented to be in any group!

Anonymous said...

If that isn't the cutest Penquin ever? I am a new follower, nice to meet you and thanks for sharing him with us! Kim

Alecia @ ChickenScratch NY said...

The penguin is adorable! Is this paper pieced? Thanks for sharing, I'm your newest follower.

http://chickenscratchny.blogspot.com/

Shiloh said...

Love this mug rug! I'm making some for my family, but let me tell ya, they don't look anything like this! Mine look like the comic version of Shakespeare next to yours.;) It's beautiful.
Shiloh
everydaygameplan.net

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your penquin is adorable and so well done with all the details! And the 'spoon' - wow, that is amazing necklace!
Merry Christmas from Greece! x Teje

Post a Comment