I saw these frames here and knew I had to make one or a dozen or more, which is what I've done. They are inexpensive, look great, and are incredibly easy to make.
Wood frames - Michaels $.99 a piece
Black acrylic paint
Scrapbook paper - Michaels
Wide paint brush
A very sharp exact-o knife
1. Paint the back, the outsides and the inside where your picture will go. You don't have to paint the front since it will just be covered with paper. Let dry.
2. Trace the frame onto the scrapbook paper. I like to lay the frame right side up on the right side of the paper and trace around. On the back I right an arrow so I know which way is up. I've found a couple of frames were not exactly the same size so the paper didn't line up perfectly. Well, as perfect as I can get it. Then I cut the center out. I try to cut inside my pencil line so I don't have much to trim later.
3. Next comes Modge Podge! Using a wide brush cover the entire top of the wood frame then cover the back of the paper. Line up and place paper on top of wood. Once lined up use a brayer to get all the bubbles out and get it nice and flat. Then I let them dry for a while.
4. After it sits for a little while I take the exact-0 knife and trim any extra paper hanging over the edges. Make sure your knife is really sharp and work slowly so you tear the paper.
5. Now Modge Podge the top, the outsides, and the inside. Let dry.
6. Hot glue fabric flower in corner.
7. Use a word processing program to make 'signs' to go inside. Here is a list of the friend sayings I came up with ~
- A friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.
- May God give you... For every storm, a rainbow. For every tear, a smile. For every care, a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share. For every sigh, a sweet song and an answer for each prayer. An Irish prayer
- May the friendships you make, Be those which endure, And all of your grey clouds be small ones for sure. And trusting in Him to whom we all pray, May a song fill your heart, every step of the way.
- A true friend... warms you with her presence, trusts you with her secrets, remembers you in her prayers.
- A friend loves at all times...
- A friend will strengthen you with her prayers, bless you with her love, and encourage you with her hope.
- Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest... It's about who came, and never left your side...
- A true friend is a gift from God...
- You know you've got the greatest friends when the only time they make you cry is when you're laughing too hard...
- Friends are like a good bra, supportive, hard to find, and always close to your heart!
- Side by side or miles apart, friends are forever close to your heart!
- My mom is a never ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and love. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.
- Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.
And a few for my daughter in law~
- Daughters are angels sent from above. To fill our heart with unending love.
- dance - as though no one is watching you. love - as though you have never been hurt before. sing - as though no one can hear you. live - as though heaven in on earth.