Friday, December 10, 2010

Twelve Days of Christmas Gift Idea


I have a 8 year old nephew who lives in Florida. I don't get to see him often and unfortunately his parents are going through a nasty divorce. I thought instead of sending him a gift card this year I would do something that my brother and nephew could do together. I decided to use the song The Twelve days of Christmas as my theme and started looking for items that would work. I added a note with directions on what day to start. I wrapped each day's gift separately and added a note card I made on the computer. I made the card so I could fold it over so they don't see what the 'poem' says until they open that days gift. I also wrote that days number on the package under the tag incase the tag came off during shipping.
This is what I came up with.

Day 1. A Partridge in a Pear Tree - The Partridge Family DVD (my brother and I were born in the 60's so he will get a big kick out of this!)


Day 2. Two Turtle Doves - Two Dove bars and a cute little wood turtle I found at Michaels.


Day 3. Three French Hens - A gift card to McDonalds to get french fries!


Day 4. Four Calling Birds - I found cute Penguin things at the check out line in JoAnns. An eraser, a notebook, a craft project, and a Penguin push up pop.


Day 5. Five Golden Rings - Ring pops, of course and some gold coins.


Day 6. Six Geese a Laying - (It's getting harder now...) Silly Putty and a gift card to Target.


Day 7. Seven Swans a Swimming - A flashing Rubber Ducky and Bubble Bath. I made sure the note said this one was only for my nephew... :)


Day 8. Eight Maids a Milking - Old Maid Card Game (Toys R Us) and Milk Duds


Day 9. Nine Ladies Dancing - The Nutcracker


Day 10. Ten Lords a Leaping - A Jump Rope and Socks from Target (sorry about the picture)


Day 11. Eleven Pipers Piping - A Bubble pack, and some weird Flarp whistles...


Day 12. Twelve Drummers Drumming - A Chipmunks Christmas CD (terrible picture, sorry)
That's it. I put them all in a box and mailed it so it would get there by the 14th. I will let you know what my nephew thought about it.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment