Monday, December 20, 2010

Vanilla - Part 2


It's done! :) Yeah! It only cooked for about 5 months since I started a little late. I ordered my bottles from Specialty Bottle. I bought the 8 ounce amber bottles. Next year I will try to remember to order the shrink wrap tops so my bottles will look a bit more professional. I found this site The Graphics Fairy in blog land that has free graphics. I found something I liked and doctored it up in iPages. I bought sheets of labels and printed them out.

Now for the hard part.... How am I going to get the vanilla from that huge jar into little 8 ounce bottles? I needed help and everything is more fun with a friend. Enter Enza:)

SUPPLIES:
  • The Vanilla :)
  • Amber bottles - my 5 gallon jar yielded 12, 8 ounce bottles.
  • A large measuring cup.
  • A strainer
  • A coffee filter
  • A funnel
  • Labels
We decided that we needed a container under us to catch any spills so I grabbed a plastic tub.


1. Put the coffee filter into the strainer and then place in measuring cup.
2. Pour the Vanilla into the coffee filter.
3. Pour into the bottles. Dry the outside of the bottles.
4. Place labels on. Not so easy to get it perfect... but close enough.
5. I wrapped the bottles in plastic bags and added a bow.

Then give them all away!

NO WAIT! Keep one or two for yourself and plan on making a new batch in June!
Thanks Enza - for your friendship, laughter and the extra set of hands I needed!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, this is amazing. I had no idea you could do this. Your final product turned out great...a perfect gift!

Kathleen said...

Thanks Laura! My girlfriend who helped me used her vanilla the other day and said the cookies she made were amazing! :)

Libby said...

I just used it this morning to make cookies! can't wait to eat one!!!

Post a Comment