- Ground Beef, thawed - (I used 2 lbs and made 7 large individual size loaves)
- 1 Egg - slightly beaten
- 6 ounces of Tomato Sauce (I didn't have any so I used Hunts Four Cheese)
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Onion (you could use fresh if you want)
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Celery (I didn't have any, so didn't use)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/3 cup Quaker Instant Oatmeal ( I used one pack- didn't even measure it)
- 6-8 slices of Bacon
- 6-8 slices of Cheddar Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together, except the cheese and bacon.
3. Form into patties and place on baking pan.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, take out and let cool. Drain any grease off of pan.
5. 15 minutes before you are ready to serve, place cheddar cheese on top of each loaf and then wrap a slice of bacon around and place back on pan.
6. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, broiling for a couple of minutes at the end to crisp the bacon.
Here they are after the first 30 minutes.
With cheese and bacon ready for second baking. Don't mind my nasty baking sheet!
Plated up on my 'vintage' Corel! Delicious!
NOTE - Some people with gluten allergies can't tolerate oatmeal so be aware. :)