Monday, January 3, 2011

SEW Wall Art


Are you sensing a theme here? :) Here is another gift I made for my daughter for Christmas.

I am trying to remember if I bought the letters at JoAnn's or Michael's. I bought letters at both stores and then decided I liked these better so I returned the other set. The backs of these have the hole for hanging. They were already painted white so I didn't even have to paint them! I have to tell you that I am not a scrapbook-er but I LOVE scrapbook paper. I think it could become a problem for me. I found this paper at Michaels. The flowers were a pack in the scrapbook isle I found at JoAnn's.

Supplies:
  • Letters
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Modge Podge
  • Brayer
  • Flowers or whatever you want to add. I tried making some fabric flowers but didn't like it so much and since the patterns on the paper were a bit 'busy' decided the flowers were a better choice. I added buttons to the centers of each flower.
Here is something similar.

Directions:
1. Place the letter on top of the paper and trace all around.
2. Cut the letter out of the paper, cutting on the inside of the pencil line.
3. Using a brush cover top/front of letter with Modge Podge.
4. Brush back of paper with Modge Podge.
5. Place on top of letter and use the brayer to get it smooth.
6. Let dry.
7. Brush another layer of Modge Podge on top and sides.
8. Decorate as desired.

That's it!

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Patsy said...

Cute! Gives me an idea for my craft room. Thanks for sharing! Have a blessed day!

Kathleen said...

Thanks Patsy, I am glad you liked it! If you make one let me know I'd love to see yours!

Post a Comment